- Emeryville Paid Sick Leave Designation Form — Allows employees to designate one individual whom they can use paid sick leave to care for.
- Oakland Minimum Wage and Paid Sick Leave Letter to Businesses — Sent to business owners to notify them of minimum wage law and related changes.
- Oakland List of Employer Resources (English)
- Oakland List of Employer Resources (Other Languages) — Links to 2 additional languages on site.
- San Francisco Notice to Employers San Francisco vs. California Laws — Explains the differences between San Francisco's Paid Sick Leave Ordinance and California's Healthy Workplace Healthy Family Act.
- San Francisco Sample Employee Designated Person Form (English) — Allows employees to designate one individual whom they can use paid sick leave to care for.
- San Francisco Sample Employee Designated Person Form (Other Languages) — Allows employees to designate one individual whom they can use paid sick leave to care for; links to 2 additional languages on site.
- Connecticut Department of Labor Compliance Assistance Page — Provides information and tools to help employers comply with workforce standards laws.
District of Columbia
- District of Columbia Notice of Proposed Rulemaking – Hardship Waiver — Announces possible amendment to Accrued Sick and Safe Leave Act to allow for a hardship waiver. Invites comments on this proposal.
- Massachusetts Sample Earned Sick Time Policy — Sample sick time policy that can be adopted by companies with no policy currently in place.
- Massachusetts Sample Employee Verification of Use of Earned Sick Time — Sample form for employees to provide verification that use of earned sick time was for authorized purpose.
- Minneapolis Sick and Safe Time Overview — Links to seven additional languages at the bottom of the page.
- Minneapolis Sick and Safe Time Employer Checklist — Checklist to help employers determine whether their paid sick and safe time policy complies with the law.
- How the Minneapolis Sick & Safe Time Ordinance Came to Be
- St. Paul Earned Sick and Safe Time Ordinance Background — Includes timeline of process, task force information and meeting minutes, and studies from other jurisdictions.
- East Orange Mayor’s Message — Statement from mayor supporting the Earned Paid Sick Leave Ordinance.
- Jersey City Earned Sick Day Education Roll Out Plan
- Passaic Earned Sick Days Law Fact Sheet — Created by NJ Time to Care
- Passaic Paid Sick Leave Law Brochure (English)
- Passaic Paid Sick Leave Law Brochure (Spanish)
- Plainfield Paid Sick Time Law Know Your Rights Brochure (English)
- Plainfield Paid Sick Time Law Know Your Rights Brochure (Spanish)
- Trenton Paid Sick Leave Law Brochure (English)
- Trenton Paid Sick Leave Law Brochure (Spanish)
- New York City What Employers Need to Know — Available in 26 languages.
- New York City Information for Domestic Workers and their Employers
- New York City Sick Leave Timekeeping Tools — Links to daily, weekly, and biweekly timekeeping spreadsheets on site.
- New York City Earned Sick Time Advisor from A Better Balance
- New York City Summary of Outreach and Education Activities — Presentation at Making Paid Sick Leave Work: Sharing Strategies convening 2015.
- New York City Employee Verification of Earned Sick Leave Use Model Form
- New York City Employee Intention to Use Earned Sick Leave Model Form
- New York City Employee Request to Make Up Work Model Form
- Portland Sick Leave Ordinance Fact Sheet
- Portland Resources for Employers
- Portland Background of the Protected Sick Time Ordinance
- Seattle Office of Labor Standards Publications Page — Includes brochures in two languages, templates for employee notification, union waiver form, postcards announcing the law, and more.
- Seattle Sample Paid Sick and Safe Time Union Waiver
- Seattle Written Paid Sick and Safe Time Policy Checklist — Checklist to help employers determine whether their paid sick and safe time policy complies with the law.
- Seattle Labor Standards Overview — Summarizes the city's minimum wage, paid sick and safe time, wage theft, and fair chance employment ordinances.
- 2016 Guide to Changes to Seattle’s Labor Standards Laws — Summarizes December 2015 changes to the city's labor standards laws.
- 2016 Amendments to Seattle Labor Standards Laws — Includes information about soft launch of enforcement of amendments.
- Tacoma Premium Pay Program Information — Information about option to provide employees with extra pay in lieu of paid leave hours.
- Tacoma Employer Paid Time Off Policy Checklist (English) — Checklist to help employers ensure they've done everything to comply with Paid Leave Ordinance.
- Tacoma Employer Paid Time Off Policy Checklist (Other Languages) — Links to 5 additional languages on site.
- Tacoma Premium Pay Program Application — Application to provide employees with extra pay in lieu of paid leave hours.
- Tacoma Paid Leave Information for Employers
- Tacoma Paid Leave Brochure
- Tacoma Employment Standards Outreach Log
- Washington Restaurant Association Information on Tacoma Paid Leave Ordinance — Helps restaurant owners in Tacoma comply with the paid leave ordinance.